The goal of this course is to train the participants to start-up, operate, maintain and troubleshoot ABB power management and drilling drive system for jack-ups with ACS800.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Locate hardware components.
- Verify and replace ACS800 supply and inverter units.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of ABB power management and drilling drive system.
DriveWindow, a software tool for drive monitoring will be used and trained during practical exercises.
Project control system recovers with CF card and preventive maintenance is also included.
- Describe the construction of ACS800.
- Discuss the system function of ABB power management system.
- Discuss the system function of ABB drilling drive system.
- Preventive maintenance.
- Construction and function of diode supply units.
- Construction and function of liquid cooling units.
- Construction and function of inverter units.
- Construction and function of brake units.
- AC800M controller and S800I/O.
- AC800M communication Modules.
- Function of DP/DP couple, OLM modules and ATEX relay.
- Removal and installation of DSU and INU.
- Change the fans.
- Control panel operation.
- Process panel operation.
- Download/save parameters to/from drive units with DriveWindow.
- Download project configuration to AC800M with CF card.
- Compact control builder.
- PMS Operator Interface.
Project power management and drilling drive system:
- Interface to drilling control system, power management system and drilling drive system.
- System and safety functions.
- PMS operator station and CDP interface.
Fault-tracing and troubleshooting:
- Interpret alarms and fault messages of CDP (Control Drive Panel) and DriveWindow.
- Trace fault messages of AC800M.
- Classroom lectures.
- Demonstration and practical lessons on training ACS800 and drilling simulator system.