The goal of this course is to train the participants in the safe operation, control, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of ABB Marine HV (>1 kV) air-insulated switchgear, circuit breakers and protective relays.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Locate hardware components.
- Verify and replace switchgear apparatus.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Use CAP501/CAP505, a programming and configuration tool for protective relays.
- Introduction to ABB Marine Services.
- Safety procedures while working on the switchboard.
- Protection functions.
- Power plant regulation principles.
- Unigear ZS1 compartments.
- Function of HD4 gas circuit breaker parts.
- Function of VD4, Vmax vacuum circuit breaker parts.
- Function of V vacuum contactor parts.
- Function of REM545 and REF543 protective relay parts.
- Removal and installation of circuit breakers.
- Earth switch operations.
- Check switchgear interlocks.
- Navigate technical level menu in protective relays.
- Download/Upload parameters to/from protective relays with CAP501/CAP505.
- CAP501 relay setting tool.
- Hands-on experience with CAP505 interface and protective relays.
Fault-tracing and troubleshooting:
- Interpret alarms and fault messages.
- Reset trip and block signal.
- Trace digital input signals to protective relays.
- Classroom lectures.
- Demonstration and practical lessons on our training switchgear.