Grid Automation systems for smart power distribution solutions
Automating the secondary distribution network is a key contributor and a prerequisite to building smart grids
ABB Electrification Digital Systems deliver pre-configured and completely engineered grid automation indoor and outdoor cabinets, comprising of constituent products such as Relion REC615 advanced protection and control, hardwired IO unit RIO600, Arctic ARx600 wireless gateways, third party RTUs, battery and chargers, IO terminals, all internally pre-wired and ready to be installed in a secondary substation.
These 'GA boxes' are fully integrable into ABB Compact Secondary Substations and thereby enabling fully 'digital ready' distribution substations and towards efficient, reliable and smart distribution grids.
- Fully pre-configured and completely engineered grid automation cabinets, adapted to the specifications of distribution utilities for rapid deployment and digitalization of secondary distribution network.
- For both indoor and outdoor installations.
- Scalable and adaptable solutions - from basic monitoring to advanced protection and control functionality
- Advanced earth-fault detection and protection
- Available for brownfield and greenfield installations in order to meet the demands from all types of power distribution grids
- Ready made solutions for integration of secondary substation data to disptach center or DMS system
Flexible smart distribution solutions
ABB's smart power distribution solutions are built on smart products for
- Protection and control
There are solutions available for urban, rural and mixed power distribution networks.
Secondary distribution substations
The smart distribution solutions can be applied to new secondary switchgears, ring main units (RMU), pole-mounted reclosers/breakers or load-break switches, or utilized as a cost-efficient upgrade of an existing installation. Smart control cabinets
ABB’s smart control cabinets are based on standardized ready-to-be-deployed solutions. There are cabinet variants for both overhead line and underground cable networks. The cabinets are suitable for all applications, ranging from monitoring to more advanced solutions with accurate measurements and protection functionality.
Protection and control devices
Our comprehensive product portfolio enables accurate measurements, which ensure scalable monitoring, control and protection functionality. Our standard solutions include secure communication, centralized supervision and user account management over cost-efficient public networks.