SSC600 represents a new approach to protection and control in distribution networks – centralizing all protection and control functionality in one single device on substation level. It is our promise for the future, IEC 61850-compliant and ready to change with the evolving grid, to support optimal asset management for the entire lifetime of the digital substation.
SSC600 has been designed to support the ABB AbilityTM offerings of digitally enabled solutions, helping utilities and industries know more, do more and do it better than before. Combining SSC600 with other ABB AbilityTM products and solutions offers a new way of looking at substation life cycle management.
SSC600 – innovative, flexible and easy to use
- Centralized protection and control in one single device for reduced network complexity
- Easy and efficient process management with station-wide process visibility
- IEC 61850-compliant communication and interoperability between substation automation devices
- Extensive application coverage with one device for flexibility and optimal cost-effectiveness
- Ready-made application packages for convenient and smooth ordering
- Fully modular software for maximum flexibility throughout the substation’s entire life cycle
- Easy adaption to changing network protection requirements
- Continuous access to the latest software and hardware developments
- Fast, easy and cost-effective substation system upgrade with centralized protection and control solution
- Designed to support the increasing digitalization of substations
- Same IEC 61850-compliant setting and configuration tool – PCM600 – as for the Relion® family of relays