Maritime transportation has always been intrinsically linked to global trade. Today’s global economy is increasingly dependent on ships transporting raw materials in bulk and the importing and exporting of food and manufactured goods. Experts estimate that around 90 percent of global trade is carried by sea. With this increase in maritime traffic comes concern over the environmental footprint of ships and ports.
Technology that enables ships to connect to electricity supply while on port call is now available to help the maritime industry reduce greenhouse gas emissions in harbor areas in a reliable and energy-efficient way.
ABB’s medium-voltage products are designed for heavy duty industrial applications and extensively tested to withstand the requirements of shore-to-ship power solutions helping ensure maximum reliability.
- ABB is a pioneer and technology leader in the area of medium-voltage products and solutions
- Decades of experience in manufacturing, installing and servicing medium-voltage products
- Comprehensive portfolio of medium-voltage products and solutions
- Product certifications according to a wide range of international standards including IEC, IEEE, ANSI, GOST
- Comprehensive portfolio of service offerings that include engineering and consulting, extensions and retrofit and end-of-life services
- ABB is your long term trusted partner with sales and service competence in approximately 100 countries