- ABB to join CIIE for the fifth consecutive year with 40+ latest digital products and solutions under the theme “Partner of Choice for Sustainable Development”
- Showcasing innovative technologies to promote energy efficiency and support China’s green transition and high-quality development
- GoFaTM CRB 15000 welding station, high-power liquid-cooled fast charger, ABB Ability™ eMine solution, multi-fuel flame scanner, permanent magnet shaft generator and more to be showcased for the first time at CIIE
The 5th China International Import Expo (CIIE) will be held from November 5 to 10 at the National Exhibition and Convention Center in Shanghai. Under the theme of Partner of Choice for Sustainable Development, ABB will present more than 40 latest digital technologies and innovations focusing on clean energy, smart manufacturing, smart city and smart transportation, as part of ABB portfolio to enable the digital transformation of industries for low-carbon transformation and high-quality development.
“CIIE is one of the most anticipated events of the year. It is an important forum to share our latest leading digital technologies focusing on electrification, motion, process automation and robotics and discrete automation, and to expand our collaboration with local customers and partners.” said Lars Eckerlein, General Manager of ABB (China) Limited, “Many innovative technologies we demonstrated at the previous sessions have been widely adopted in China to help more customers to improve energy efficiency and competitiveness, contributing to China’s green transformation and high-quality development.”
A series of innovative products and solutions will be displayed for the first time at the coming CIIE, such as GoFaTM CRB 15000 Welding Station, IRB 920T High Speed Sorting Station, 480kW High-Power Liquid-Cooled Fast Charger, Smart Maintenance MR Experience Center, ABB permanent magnet shaft generator, and ABB Ability™ eMine solution, ABB power-hydrogen coupling solution and ABB UNIREC H2 electrolysis rectifier, as well as Multi-fuel Flame Scanner Uvisor SF910i. Prior to the exhibition, ABB’s UAV-based natural gas leak detection and greenhouse gases monitoring solutions was invited for the long-term exhibition at the CIIE Culture Exhibition, as one of the examples to showcase CIIE’s achievements and far-reaching effect.
Digital technologies for green energy transformation
Decarbonization of the energy sector is key for China to achieve carbon peaking and carbon neutrality goals. At CIIE 2022, ABB will display its comprehensive smart solutions for energy management, energy efficiency and renewable energy, that help ABB’s customers to boost renewable energy’s share in energy mix, replace fossil end energy sources with electricity and hydrogen, and significantly improve energy efficiency and reliability in various industries for a low carbon future.
- ABB AbilityTM Smart Energy Management System implements the design concept of energy router, and achieves energy balance management of such terminals as solar power generation, energy storage, EV charger, air conditioning and lighting in the business and industrial parks. The system links, analyzes, optimizes, controls and manages source-grid-load-storage-end to maximize the consumption of clean energy and reduce carbon emissions.
- The newly designed demo ABB Smart Maintenance MR Experience Center, incorporates Mixed Reality (MR) technology and takes ABB Xiamen Hub as an example to demonstrate how innovative technologies can contribute to the construction of smart industrial park by providing real-time monitoring of energy use, carbon emission and asset health conditions for more reliable and low-carbon operation.
- ABB permanent magnet shaft generator designed for energy saving in vessels appears at CIIE for the first time. With compact design and great reliability, it can guarantee a certain high level of efficiency even in low-speed and partial load operation, strongly supporting the marine industry to achieve decarbonization goals.
- ABB’s ACS180 is an all-compatible and cost-effective drive ideal for compact machines. It provides reliable machine performance and uptime under harsh conditions, and even functions under temperature derating up to 60 °C, thus helping customers to save energy and cut emissions in a reliable way.
- ABB power-hydrogen coupling solution provides the green hydrogen manufacturing with power supply system, electric and automation system, design optimization and consultation; and ABB UNIREC H2 electrolysis rectifier provides reliable and stable DC current for green hydrogen production and can improve the power quality when harnessing the impact of harmonics on power grid.
- ABB Greenhouse Gas Emission Detection System with extremely fast response and high precision has a wide coverage of land, sky and space and provides solid technical support for China on its way towards carbon neutrality.
Robots and automation solutions for smart industry
Visitors at CIIE 2022 will see ABB’s latest industrial robots and process automation solutions, which are integrated with such advanced technologies as Internet of things, cloud computing and AI. With these state-of-the-art solutions, ABB is committed to supporting customers to improve product quality and productivity, raise operational efficiency and device availability through data analytics and preventive maintenance:
- GoFaTM CRB 15000 Welding Station shows ABB’s next-generation collaborative robot GoFaTM CRB 15000 with industrial welding system. It can collaborate with human on the same tasks, without traditional complex safety protection system. In addition to superior power and force limiting, GoFa is faster than other cobots in its class, with a TCP speed of up to 2.2 m/s;
- IRB 920T High Speed Sorting Station shows the application of IRB 920T SCARA robot fast picking up and sorting workpieces in narrow space. Designed to meet the requirements of the electronics industry, the IRB 920T provides high levels of speed, accuracy and repeatability for a range of assembly, picking and handling tasks;
- ABB AbilityTM eMine makes the all-electric mine possible by providing with purposeful approach, proven methods, electrification & digital systems. It integrates digital application and service for monitoring and optimizing energy usage, and help the mining customers to accelerate the decarbonization and achieve sustainable development;
- Multi-fuel Flame Scanner Uvisor SF910i is designed to detect and control burner flames across a variety of fuels, and to provide accurate quality and temperature assessments that power plants and industrial operators need to be constantly aware of any unstable combustion situations.
Innovative solutions for e-mobility and smart city
Sustainable transport and buildings are also key contributors and enablers of decarbonization. For instance, fossil-fuel-powered vehicles account for roughly a quarter of the world’s energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, while buildings are consuming about 40% of the world’s energy. ABB provides market leading electrification, automation and digital technologies to promote sustainable transport by electrifying vehicles and improving energy efficiency of the transport system. ABB’s broad portfolio for smart building and smart home is also reducing the environmental impact of buildings, and making cities and settlements safe, smart, comfortable and sustainable.
- The new 480kV High-power Liquid-cooled Super Charger, developed and manufactured by ABB China team, can add up to 200 kilometers of range to a vehicle in five minutes, and simultaneously charge up to four vehicles, significantly reducing the waiting times at charging station and paving the way for a quick adoption of electric vehicles;
- ABB's Azipod® electric propulsion, with the electric drive motor housed within a pod outside the ship hull, can rotate 360 degrees, increasing maneuverability. Crucially, Azipod® propulsion also improves operating efficiency, boosting a ship’s hydrodynamic performance and cutting fuel consumption by up to 20 percent.
- NB IoT solution, a narrowband IoT technology based on LPWAN, helps customers easily access, manage and analyze on-site sensor measurement data, GIS geographic information, real-time alarms, diagnostic reports and other information, to ensure automation, security and connectivity of the whole process based on data. This solutoin has been applied in the smart water sector.
- ABB smart building solutions are applied in residential and commercial buildings, airports, hotels, and hospitals to optimize the energy use of air conditioning, lighting and other devices for significant energy saving and higher operational efficiency. ABB’s door entry systems, i-bus KNX and free@home solutions transform the house or the apartment into an intelligent home, and meet people’s demands in comfort, security, design and energy efficiency for future life.
Since 2018, ABB has been participating in the CIIE, which offers an excellent platform for global cooperation and new opportunities. In September, ABB signed up for the 6th CIIE for win-win results in the next year. ABB is also honored to become a member of the CIIE exhibitor alliance and the industrial digital transformation committee.
Visitors are welcomed at the ABB Booth (4.1H C5-01 Hall) at CIIE 2022 from November 5 to 10.
ABB is a technology leader in electrification and automation, enabling a more sustainable and resource-efficient future. The company’s solutions connect engineering know-how and software to optimize how things are manufactured, moved, powered and operated. Building on more than 130 years of excellence, ABB’s 105,000 employees are committed to driving innovations that accelerate industrial transformation.